Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DBR9 on Top Gear

DBR9 on Top Gear

The video is hosted on the rapidshare site... I know it's a bit annoying, but if you haven't seen it you must download it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3103963/T..._DBR9.wmv.html

Awesome!

i saw that vid the other night, that car is seriously wild and seriously fast. pure wickedness!!!
    Tight & Twisty Touge, E30 M3................. Pure Heaven!

///M Power

mmYea... it's pretty quick.. I guess..

Still, it looks like a deep-sea fish from the front.

well a pagani zonda is not slow and it got 1:29 seconds then thr dbr9 chops 20 odd seconds of that and it is not along track either.
    Tight & Twisty Touge, E30 M3................. Pure Heaven!

///M Power

Yes, it's REALLY fast. Anyone who haven't seen it will be banned.

Amazing car. It has to be the most sexy racer of today!

Why oh WHY didn't Aston let them take the other one on track.

i might have bought one at that price
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

i think it would be so much better if they got the new stig to go out in the top few supercars that the old stig went in as when he re-did the murcielago he chopped like 2 seconds of old stigs time. i well think the koenigsegg is faster than the F430, but according to TG its not
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    i think it would be so much better if they got the new stig to go out in the top few supercars that the old stig went in as when he re-did the murcielago he chopped like 2 seconds of old stigs time. i well think the koenigsegg is faster than the F430, but according to TG its not
    maybe the f430 has an advantage on the tg track? maybe its better suited to the track
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Whilest the 'new' Stig's times do seem to be consistently faster I'm not one that immediately buys into the "'new' Stig is better" line.
    Different days, different conditions.
    AND different tyres, differnet fuels and possibly different setups.
    Things move on with time and it's jsut possibel that the newer Murc WAS 2 secs a lap faster on the day regardless.
    Top racing drivers are well-practised at finding the best lines and lapping till they've got the optimum.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

that car is the oppitamy of sexyness.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

You mean the DBRS9? I thought the same, would love to see its time around the track.

I would have loved to have seen the Ferrari test driver that JK was keeping up with do some laps, see what times he could have got.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    I would have loved to have seen the Ferrari test driver that JK was keeping up with do some laps, see what times he could have got.
    The test driver was show-boating it.
    Just as Needell does when he does his laps on 5th gear.
    Quite often you see FAR too much initial input to the wheel, clearly intended to make the rear step out and lose traction.
    Great for the TV coverage and JCs ego, but ........

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    oppitamy
    Epitome?

Anyway - why'd they just chuck the time?

What happened to the board of non-legal car times that the F1 car and Radical SR3 went on?
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information