Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subaru Forester STI

Subaru Forester STI

I stumbled across this on a strange Japanese site. Looks pretty cool!

Right now i'm trying to find more pictures of it, i'll post anymore I find.

Last edited by Spastik_Roach; 03-15-2004 at 05:56 PM.

It looks a little "boxy" for my liking. I can expect to get my deliveries from it ... he he.
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

Personally I think it looks great.

I also just found out Subaru make a MPV in Japan called Traviq.

that is not right for a subaru! i dont think thats real.. the blue ones look okay, but the gold mags and shape look alot like the suzuki concept from tokyo! its not like subaru to make such a road racey version of on off roader! (even if it is STI)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i'd have to agree with whiteballz. It would be rather pointless for them to make there most off-road capable vehicle, unsuited to the conditions in which it was origionally designed to handle. Those skirt kits would lower the ground claerance point from the being taken via the rear diff to the actual skirt kit, which means if anyone decided to go off road the skirt kit would be dragging and after a while the front spoiler would be scratched and shittty. After living in a house that has had a Subaru of some sort in the garage since 1997 (4 foresters), I'd doubt subaru would make such a compromise.

Lightbulb

It IS wrong for subaru to make a "fast on the tarmac forester", since 1) the tarmac market is covered by the Impreza STi, and 2) the forester is gud for off-road, and shud stay that way. But really, how many times have you actually seen a person drive a off-road capable car more than 3km's off the road routinely, other than doing jobs? (which in this case you might want a cheaper off-roader like a hilux or a old jeep)

Out of all the foresters that are sold.... probably OVER half of them will never be used off-road. And since STi never makes a abundance of vehicles, the Foresters gonna find their homes fast, and ppl who buy them will be happy to keep them. and since other companies are making on-road SPORT off roaders , Subbie's gotta keep up.

Bottom line is, it's not a thought about practicality and usability, it's the market's demand. Subaru is just putting out a sport utility alternative that is safer, faster, and better handling ON-road than most of its competitors.
    Last edited by MikeMcLarenF1; 03-20-2004 at 01:57 PM.
    There's a automatic rice filter in being a gud mountain racer.... and that is "Skill"......

Are you sure it is something official? It could just be some Forester Fans making an unofficial "STi" version. To me, it looks more like a normal XT (the turbo version) with STi kits. However, I have to admit the pictures are quite professionally made.

I trully agree with the off road thing... I own a 00 Forester and I can count my off road trips with one hand. Probably would go for more camping or fishing after I grad (if I haven't trade it in for a better car).

We regularly take ours off-road, every couple of weeks we take it to some off roading destination. However it is true, we would be a minority as more than 50% of off-road vehicles never leave the tarmac. Personally i think it might be an after market kit proffesionally made and installed and they bought the Sti badges (i wouldn't know where or how, dealer possibly or even wreckers). My point is the forester was designed origionally for a niche market and yes the XT was made for a slightly diffrent one but the origional design and functional properties are still kept as priority. The XT is great off-road to by the way, i drove my dads on North Stradbroke island in the old fire trails ect.

Hey look at that!!! a Forester can look cool in the end!!

im kinda glad the subaru whent to a crossover edition of the forester. its made for the road so maby more will sell. because in all the commercials there off road and drifting around muddy corners. but i hope they dont target soccer moms
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

i still say its photoshoped! maybe an aftermaket/specialy made kit, but i think that subaru makeing a on road sporty version of an off roader is wrong! i would put it down to STI fans, ive done things like that before with the old liberty/legacy. (STI kits etc) and well i just cant belive it. maybe those GM bastards are makeing them! lol...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

also those wheels are used on the suzuki lapin SS works! its a little thing... i cant put words to it...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I'm pretty certain I saw a Forester STI in Auto Express mag a week or two ago. Just a small mention in a side column, nothing big though...

Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

I got most of the pics of the official Japanese Subaru site, so no photoshops here...

seems wrong but i dont think you would lead us astray... (suuure) hahah
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information