Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossi to Ferrari, yeah its old....

Rossi to Ferrari, yeah its old....

We have all heard that rumour... but on the motogp telecast on channel 10 here in aus, Daryl Beatie mentioned that its been rumoured that Rossi will in fact go to Red Bull, who has Ferrari engines... And with the year going the way it is, I think its almost certain he'll ditch the bikes this year, especially if he can claw his way back and take the title again. Any ideas?
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Or pass him over and team Pedrosa and Alonso up in the same team

Pedrosa is going to surpass Rossi's records !!

Dont' see Rossi moving, if he DOES succeed a win this year then he'll get offered a massive salary and stay. If he doesn't then his eog will HAVE to prove he can win over Danny and he'll stay..
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It's going to be a hard decision for him either way, if he's going to move to F1 he really has to strike while the iron is hot, which is this year (for 07) - I think doors may close if he decides to stay in MotoGP for another season.

Red Bull certainly seems to be the most realistic option should he decide to move, probably bump Klien down to STR (if he stays) and line Rossi up with DC.
    www.crash.net/motoring/roadcars/news/home/

Rossi will more then likely stay in MotoGP. He got someone who is a little challenge now. Even tho on Sunday he out classed everyone untill his bike died.

My moneys on Stoner showing Pedrosa a few things about riding motorcycles... Those two are going to be the future of Motogp for the next 10 years. I love how your bagging the guy whose won every year since 2000-01 or whatever year it was when he started winning, Matra. The guy has made everyone look stupid for years, but the team of guys he has behind him are certainly as much a part of it as his talent. And how much slower than schuey is he at Fiorano??? For a guy who rides a bike, he aint a bad steerer as well. Ego or not.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Daz , ... you need to go check Pedrosa's career to date
    2003: 125cc World Champion
    2004: 250cc World Champion
    2005: 250cc World Champion

125cc WORLD CHAMPION when he was 18 !!!!

AND All of Rossi's success was in a team on a bike that on some seasons a monkey could have ridden to a win. ( maybe that WAS Rossi )
    YES, Rossi's a GREAT rider but Dani has the makings of even better -- tho not as colourful perhaps
    Rossi chose to demand more money from Honda or he could well have created records that nobody will touch. His move to Yamaha has made it all the harder and you have to give him credit for taking a dog and making it win
    He still will likely win because nobody is looking like they'll consistently win. They're all trading firsts at teh moment, so no big lead.

Dont' see Stoner keeping up with Dani. His old injuries and ability to crash will haunt him I think

re Ferrari, I never hold sway on any lap times from a PR exercise.
    EVERYONE gets lots of press if Rossi is close to Schumi times .... so what woudl you do if Ferrari adn SChumi ? .... yep get the publicity
    When Rossi went rallying it ended ignominously with a crash ( and a roll IIRC )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-23-2006 at 11:39 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

mate Im just so incredibly bored. I guess thats why Mick Doohan won all those titles huh? I dare ya...You'll have every australian on earth lookin for ya hehe...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    mate Im just so incredibly bored. I guess thats why Mick Doohan won all those titles huh? I dare ya...You'll have every australian on earth lookin for ya hehe...
    ah sorry, I mostook yoru commetn on Casey being for PERFORMACNE reasons ... it's cos he's an Aussie

SHoudl have guessed .

Mick WHO ??

( just pulling your chain, Doohan was a great. Just a shame he never had the balls to come race the Isle of Man to see how he might have stacked up against the REAL greats He did come do a procession lap tho' couple of years back )

Stoner was fastest on monday at the test at Le Man... Buggered if I know where Pedrosa was... There was 16 riders there apparantly. Rossi was a second off the pace. Tell ya what, I wouldnt go backing you in a spelling bee... I guess you were typing too fast... I don't think I'm that one eyed that I support every aussie rider, you wont hear me pushing Vermuelins barrow until he gets that Rizla Suzuki goin a bit faster than the 2 seconds or so a lap it seems to be lacking. Do you know if Troy Bayliss has been to the IoM?
    I vaguely recall Mick saying somewhere that you have to be seriously lacking in grey matter or just plainly have a death wish to race the IoM.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Stoner was fastest on monday at the test at Le Man... Buggered if I know where Pedrosa was... There was 16 riders there apparantly. Rossi was a second off the pace. Tell ya what, I wouldnt go backing you in a spelling bee... I guess you were typing too fast
    Yeah when I've been working lots my RSI flairs up and my typing goes to pot. I *try* to remember to spell check before posting, but that takes time
    Do you know if Troy Bayliss has been to the IoM?
    He never raced it.
    VERY few modern riders did.
    I vaguely recall Mick saying somewhere that you have to be seriously lacking in grey matter or just plainly have a death wish to race the IoM.
    Well to respect all eh greats who did it and DO it...
    The only thing you HAVE to be on the TT is a rider capable of remembering 37 miles of track and knowing YOUR LIMITS.
    Cos for most of it if you get it wrong it's stone walls awaiting you ... or telegraph poles ... or building ... or bridge parapets ... or railings.
    Most riders dont' have that much belief and skill to do that for 6 laps.
    It's safe if you drive within your limits.... just too many modern riders didnt' feel comfortable TESTING their skill and limits with such a heavy penalty if you get it wrong !!!

.... and then one of the GREATEST goes and dies in a crash on a track in Estonia in a 125cc race to support the track and the local community RIP Joey

Mick is something rhyming with his name for THAT comment !!!!!

Noticed a lack of comment about the testing.... Who was on top? Personally, I'd love to have a go at the IoM... Its the lack of grey matter ya see....
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Noticed a lack of comment about the testing.... Who was on top? Personally, I'd love to have a go at the IoM... Its the lack of grey matter ya see....
    It's worth the vist and you will need PLENTY of the grey stuff to do it fast.
    I was flat out on the mountain at 5am adn was overtaken on the INSIDE of the left hander at Brandywell by a German on a ZX-12 who HAD to be doing 180+ !!!

Tesing means very little these days !!

ANywa only 3 days tothe start of TT practice
    See http://www.iomtt.com/CircuitGuide.aspx if you want ot knowe a bit about what it's liek to ride it ... and get the TT Superbikes game for the PS2 the full circuit is modelled in high detail -- including all the pubs we frequent

One day, have to go out and buy a bike first... what dya recommend? Im thinking about a Honda VTR1000 SP2. A Duke would be nice though.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Biggest mistake folk make is getting big bikes.
    It's why now in the UK the largest proportion of bikers killed is getting to be the middle-aged guys returning to bikes with enough disposable income to afford the best/fastest.

Don't do it.

You need to learn how to ride a bike and control it under all conditions and learn how to ride safely, defensively and fast.

Get a 600 -- and if it's a FIRST bike dont' get a R6 or GSX-R etc etc, get something a little less "extreme" and then after a year move up the ladder once the skill start to come in.

Big bikes have SO much torque that once you get a rear wheel slide on you need to be VERY good to prevent the inevitable high-sider when it then bites

Smaller bikes let you learn those skills with less risk and once skilled you're not that much slower.
    ( I ride with a variety of guys, I'm still on a 600 but known to be faster from A to B than R1s and Gixxer-thous I actually enjoy the fun of driving that bike at it's limit. My choice. If I got a bigger bike I'd just ride THAT at it's limit and end up getting silly )

Start small.

Ducati ? WHY ???
    Aprilia do it better/faster. MV-Agusta do it with more style and head-turning. JapanInc does it faster, more reliably.
    GSX-750 is THE new bike to have imho. It's nimbler than the redoubtable 1000 and just as punchy. Handling is a dream and the looks are nice -- I really like the stubby 'hidden' exhaust , none of that under-the-seat bum-rattling sh*t
    Can't wait to get a first ride on the new Kwaka ZZR. Might be my next one

Wouldnt' go withthe SP2. Honda only built it to prove a point in WSB.
    Honda builds better, faster, more enjoyable bikes than the twin
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-24-2006 at 02:31 AM.

I love the note though...

I dont think id ride the bike much on the road, I know it takes much of the point away, but I intended to do a few dozen track days down at the local racetrack, and re-learn the art of rear wheel steering. Was a bit of a nut on a trail bike in my day (which aint that long ago). Ive always had a good dose of self preservation at the same time too. If I was going to by a 600, id stick with the honda and buy a cbr 600rr fireblade... Had a blatt on a SP2 btw, was sensational...
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Thread Information