Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Race car - the story begins.

Hey, That little things moves fast.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Yeh man that was lucky! looks like you had a bit of sideways off the line to avoid her.

EDIT: whats she putting out now charged? 260HP ish wasnt it?
    The Datto will rage again...

nah mate thats still with the little 1600cc in it and 185hp, we are actually changed our plans again, we are going to stay with the 1600cc for a while and see if we can get them down into the 1.21 round mallala. We are looking at giving the engines a freshen up (rings, bearings) over summer and looking at some bigger cams and up the compression to 13.6.1, hoping for a extra 10-15hp plus getting some quotes for a set of close ratio gears. At the moment with the standard ratio T50 boxes they are losing 2200rpm every change, we want to keep them between 6800-9300rpm with the new cams. Going to use some decent race fuel instead of the boost 98 so we can wind in some more timing.

Hopefully that will give us some more straightline and a better run out the corners and Clint reckons a 1.21 or 1.20 should be possible Plus it looks like we are going to a new tyre tender instead of Yokohama possibly Toyo which are heaps better and cheaper We are doing a sprint before next round and Im going to change the frontend for more camber and a bit more castor to help turn in plus have a play with the rebound and compression on the shocks.

The cars are so bloody reliable at the moment and a ball to drive, the nephews reckon they are so nimble and chuckable. It was great them giving us a kick up the arse with our times.

Im doing race 4 at the moment but its pretty boring footage after I have a spin(no damage though) but Im a lot more consistent in my driving but the tyres are now stuffed.

The wife is very happy though, Clint was telling her she owes him 5 grand as we arent updating the drivetrain yet

Hey, That little things moves fast.
    yep we are hitting nearly 185 kays down the back straight now, the wife wants a steer of it now, Ive tried to explain to her if see doesnt go quick enough, the brakes are dead, the tyres understeer and plow etc but she is adamant she wants a steer. The last Corolla she drove was her old KE55 with 42hp engine and a 1000kg kerb weight, mine may be a little more snappy than her old one with 185hp/720kg dry weight..... I hope she doesnt smash it

We have a club meeting tonight and all clint wants to do is get the new lap record ratified, he wants his name next to it.
    I said its my record because Natsoft has my name next to the time
    Last edited by charged; 08-25-2008 at 02:29 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Yeah!!!! I got speed back, So i'm getting into a few more.

185k! She's moving.. You keeped that Bluebird off nice.

Shit yeah that was nice driving to save yourself from lazy starter.. Almost became a Charged Sandwhich.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 08-25-2008 at 09:15 AM.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Doors sucked off

heres a little vid of my doors getting sucked off down the back straight, the Bluebird was sideways through the kink at close to 200kph The by has big balls and can steer a bit

YouTube - Doors blown off

some cool vids charged.
    may have to enter classic adelaide as a UCP group sometime, one of the novice events
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

holy shit they were moving fast.
    Was that your nephew in the car infront? Btw, on the gas abit early aren't we? perhaps a little less sideways could prove useful nice driving
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Nice sideways on the exit

they were moving QUICK ay. Do you know that theyre running?
    The Datto will rage again...

The Bluebird runs a sr20det with the IP 36 mill restrictor on the turbo... Its good for probably 350-380hp but its the torque iy makes that makes it go.
    The R100 runs a 13b bridge port rotary with a quad throttle body and a
    11,000rpm rev limit probably makes 330hp.

Simon when they were going past I was just shaking my head thinking that is sooo cool.

Ive been told by those guys that myself and the brother shouldnt back off as much as we should but didnt really want them on my arse through the konk and both were battling hard, so didnt want to stuff there race. With the turbo cars if you dont hit the kink right it can end in tears.

The nephew rekons in my car down the back straight he could of read a book he was going that slow... smartarse

Nice sideways on the exit

they were moving QUICK ay. Do you know that theyre running?
    Today 06:34 PM
    whiteballz holy shit they were moving fast.
    Was that your nephew in the car infront? Btw, on the gas abit early aren't we? perhaps a little less sideways could prove useful nice driving

Yeah got on the throttle a bit early. Once I get the race 4 footage sorted and editied, I do some sweet slides out of that corner, when I dont have to back off the gas, its when you get a bit too much kerb it kicks it too sideways... If you get the apex and exit right you get a nice little hang and then it snaps straight

Its amazing a little too much sideways action and you can kiss .4 of a second
    goodbye.

at least you can get a bit of oversteer before it goes pearshaped
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    at least you can get a bit of oversteer before it goes pearshaped
    yes mate wouldnt like to try that in your thing You had to buy a car that wants to kill you with snap oversteer

Having been a passenger in the porker on a rather lovely evening/night time dive up through some brilliant mountian roads, If he packs it in mid corner, It's still worth the pleasure of being in that car going fast
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thats it they carry so much speed onto the corner its silly, It was funny on the weekend there was a EX AU V8 Supercar in with the Porsches and on the first lap the Falcon was right up there with the Porsche Cup cars, a bogan next to me said wait till the Falcons slicks are warm it will wax the Porsches because its a V8 Stupid car.... anyway the Porsches had the last laugh

Falcooon gets waxed

My nephews are always telling the wife that instead of building a new holiday home... I should of bought a older GT3 Porsche cup car, they could of used

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Having been a passenger in the porker on a rather lovely evening/night time dive up through some brilliant mountian roads, If he packs it in mid corner, It's still worth the pleasure of being in that car going fast
    haha i figure i have a cage, and it'll send me ass first into whatever happens!

we'll try the north coast hinterland mountains next time you're up
    Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Thats it they carry so much speed onto the corner its silly, It was funny on the weekend there was a EX AU V8 Supercar in with the Porsches and on the first lap the Falcon was right up there with the Porsche Cup cars, a bogan next to me said wait till the Falcons slicks are warm it will wax the Porsches because its a V8 Stupid car.... anyway the Porsches had the last laugh

Falcooon gets waxed

My nephews are always telling the wife that instead of building a new holiday home... I should of bought a older GT3 Porsche cup car, they could of used
    haha! nice results there - there's a guy in my class, got his older 911 down to 940kg, it's still competitive with some of the newer variety's!
    there's always a few cup cars for sale for 'cheap' charged hell, road going GT3 clubsports are down under 100K now, sorta top model HSV money..

There a guy that was running a earlier model one, he was scooting along also.

Me= far too poor already, have to sell my first born to afford a cup car let alone run it I have a wing in the loans section dedicated to me at Wespac already, plus Im allowed to drink as much beer as I want up the river after the boating activities have been completed

Thread Information