Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing as a Sport? Please justify this for me.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A few things -WHAT-. Firstly, have you ever been driving for a long time and got tired? There is no doubt u have. It takes a lot of effort to concentrate when you are tired. Imagine driving for abou 1-3 hour but in 40+ degree heat, no chance to relax. Its hard enough to concentrate for 1-3 hours just sitting still and reading let alone with all the variables involved in driving.

Secondly i bring the point up about "spot the sportsman". Formula , Rally, Circuit drivers are more than athletes that most american footballers. Some of them run on the field, kick the ball and run off, harld a sportsman. Drivers have to race for hours on end for most of the year. The F1 actually started as soon as the last race was finished. Teams were already loking at next years car, the drivers would have been getting ready for training, practice ect. (Personally i dont consider most of NFL a sport, the NFL [players are amazed at out league and union players as they were no padding (some helmets) and stay on the field for the whole game (80min)).

Tiger Woods can be compared to Micheal Schumacher as they both (when Schmacher was still in F1) practice for long periods of time. If Tiger Woods doesn't train or practice (even get coaching) his game goes bad, because if you dont practice your body loses the natural memory of the movement and thought process. Schumacher has needs to train and practice a lot otherwise he would lose his thought process and natural memory of movements. HE would still be able to steer but not get the car on the perfect racing line.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo View Post
    A few things -WHAT-. Firstly, have you ever been driving for a long time and got tired? There is no doubt u have.
    Yup long highway driving is the worst but caffeine is the answer! Lemans endurance racing would be worse in this respect (keep from falling asleep).

I always wondered whether or not drivers were athletes as I wondered whether motorsport was a sport.

Here's the definition from dictionary.com.

Athlete: a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.

EDIT: and here's the definition for sport: an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 02-12-2008 at 01:32 AM.

It's 'Quail or "What." UCP's not big enough for the both of us.

Great work answering "What"'s question. I'm going to start berating him now. If I get banned, so be it. He's ****ing this whole website, and I can't imagine why it's still tolerated.

What, I've made every effort to be civil, losses of temper and the occasional humorous (though often tasteless) ribbing aside. But you've snapped this old 'Quail's last banjo string with this thread.

You're a real piece of shit, "What," and you're bringing this whole website down to your level. That so many have expended so much time on this horseshit thread is a testament to the quality of UCP's membership, but I deal with enough lunatics earning my paycheck; I'll not tolerate them here.

Are you like those Westboro Baptist Church assholes, "What?" Have you from a young age perceived the anger and ridicule directed towards you as vindication? Do you like angering people, "What?" Does it bring you satisfaction?

The 'Quail knows your type, "What;" I've dealt with your kind before. You're a John Wayne type; a type-A personality. Your mind is strong, impenetrable, a fortress.

But you're flawed, "What," I know you are.

You're lonely.

You've got your friends, sure, sure, but they're all assholes, aren't they? You associate with your own kind, but you're all bottomfeeders, losers; you're really all the same, aren't you? You don't have anyone, really, do you?.

You don't. Your kind doesn't. It's just assholes and isolation all around you; just a bunch of assholes keeping to themselves and timidly snickering at "inside jokes" in the far corner of the bar. Nobody would "get it." Nobody would give two ****s. Nobody cares; you've got nothing, and you know you don't.

You're a loser. You always have been. You never "got the girl;" you've never been anyone's hero. You had your chance during your "education," but you just sputtered and died on the launch pad. You didn't do shit. You're a failure. Always have been a failure. Worthless.

How long has it been since you moved out of your teenage bedroom, "What?" Do you still sleep there? Do you justify it, somehow? Do you tell your asshole friends that you're not going to 'waste money on an apartment?'

You're going to continue ad nauseam with your weak excuses and half-hearted explanations for why you're so pitiful. It's going to go on until you're a soft-bellied, ever-chuckling and fat sack of shit; cramming Doritos down your craw and drawing air only because your pussy father and cow mother see fit to feed and shelter you, contrary to their better judgment.

'Quail's got your number, don't he? If you disagree with 'Quail's prognosis, then go **** yourself. This is how I've got you figured, and if you want to change my mind, I'm in Conway, Arkansas. Look for the black Subaru on Ash Street. We'll sort it out in my front yard.

I won't be coming back to this site until this asshole is banned. If "What" stays, 'Quail leaves. Somebody PM me when his sorry ass is out of here.

Squawk.
    Last edited by LandQuail; 02-12-2008 at 02:37 AM.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    It's 'Quail or "What." UCP's not big enough for the both of us.
    It's ME.

At least it should be if you commit to removing yourself. But the reality is you aren't going anywhere. False threats.

It's ME.

I have opinions and I think I'm the greatest thing on SPACE...but I will not pressure other people into making actions on a PERSONAL PROBLEM I can handle myself. It is selfish and childish of you to GET ANGRY because PEOPLE ARE TALKING TO ME. If YOU don't like me, how about YOU don't talk to me. IGNORE ME. You have NOTHING to do with me. In fact, I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Why are you bothered by me? I'll make it easier for you to deal with me...I will never speak to you.

What a shallow ultimatum. This forum isn't big enough for ME ALONE...but you won't ever hear me asking for anyone else to be removed.
    Last edited by -What-; 02-12-2008 at 10:09 PM.

'QUail, put him in your block list, it's easier and saves you losing out on all the other UCP-fun.

-What-'s style IS questionable, but some of the info posted is of mild interest in his comments and responses. eg I now know definatley don't class drag racers as sportsmen ... pretty much the same with footballers like Perry - the "Fridge" - who was nothing more than an immovable mass

Until he's abusive, I think his posts are OK.
    But don't worry, abuse will be dealt with strongly as he has now been warned and had an infraction and ban to make sure it was listened to.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ... pretty much the same with footballers like Perry - the "Fridge" - who was nothing more than an immovable mass
    Actually he was quite athletic. There was a video that circulated when he was with The Bears where in part of his workout he jumped flat-footed from the floor to the top of a regular sized kitchen table top and back down. For a 350+ pound guy to do that is pretty incredible.

geez guy's,i see a lot people getting all hot under the coller over this,and frankly -what-
    has baited all of you.
    if the guy want's to stir up a hornet's nest (and he obviously does)then agree to disagree
    there's no point argueing with someone who's point of veiw is fixed because of his own ego,next time he starts a thread ignore it.
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

Quote Originally Posted by ballast View Post
    geez guy's,i see a lot people getting all hot under the coller over this,and frankly -what-
    has baited all of you.
    if the guy want's to stir up a hornet's nest (and he obviously does)then agree to disagree
    there's no point argueing with someone who's point of veiw is fixed because of his own ego,next time he starts a thread ignore it.
    Meh, who cares, it's fun for some of us.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Meh, who cares, it's fun for some of us.
    like the police academy movies?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    like the police academy movies?
    I was going to say drinking liquor, but yeah, I'd guess that could work.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Ballast is the hammer, his point is the nail.

He's definately goading a lot of you. Take him for what he is and not so seriously.

He was banned for His abusive behaviour and it was hoped it would cause an Attitudinal Adjustment to curb his arrogance. We'll monitor his reactions very closely.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post

He was banned for His abusive behaviour
    capital H????

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    capital H????
    our worst fears have been confirmed, and it what "What" has thought from the very start...he IS God
    Known originally as lithuanianmafia

Quote Originally Posted by lith8872 View Post
    our worst fears have been confirmed, and it what "What" has thought from the very start...he IS God
    hahah! i was thinking about that to

Now. -What-, what is your purpose when you come to this forum? do you seek information? do you come here to know about car news? for the pictures? what? really, what is your interest in the forum?
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information