Source

BLUEBLOOD Dick Johnson was tossed on the tip by Ford in a dramatic move yesterday.

After more than 30 years as a blue oval battler, often fighting single-handed against a horde of Holdens, he was left behind in a dash for cash when his team Dick Johnson Racing was stripped of its Ford support.
Bit harsh they gave dick the flick and more suprised about 888 losing funding

The impact is likely to be extensive and could shake the foundations of V8 Supercar racing, as Holden has also scaled-back its involvement and new company chief Mark Reuss has recently said he would be happy to see another carmaker in the contest.

"I think it's probably time to move on from the whole Ford-Holden thing, because it turns off as many people as it turns on," Reuss said.
Very interesting comments by the new CEO of Holden

Dane was less worried about the cash, as his Vodafone deal is the biggest in V8 Supercars.

"Ford's contribution to our budget is not that great. So I'm not particularly concerned from a commercial standpoint," Dane said.

But he is now re-assessing the future of his team, which was founded in the UK and won last year's British championship, and admits he has been talking to other carmakers.

"Who knows what is going to happen in future? I've only ever spoken to other manufacturers, and it's plural, in the context of understanding their long-term marketing plans in Australia," Dane said.

"Only a fool would rule out another brand. Never say never."
Very interesting comments by Dane team principal for 888 racing