Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate Yourself As A Driver

Rate Yourself As A Driver

What would you rate yourself as a driver?

Since today (still July 31 out here) is the 29th anniversary of receiving my driver's license, I thought I would post the question now.

On a scale of 0-10 (0= poor; 10= excellent).

I would give myself a rating of about 7.5.
    Going by how I've avoided collsions with other cars (cars that cut me off or brake all of a sudden). I have not had an on-the-road accident.

I also am going by how I handle a car when accelerating and driving it fast and when I deliberately slide it out (on wet streets, for instance) and parking ability.

If I ever drove a car on some kind of road course, with a lot of curves, I could probably rate myself more accurately. But, for now, I'll stick with a 7.5.

So what rating would you give yourself.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

i consider myself to be around a 6. i figure im an average driver, but I know how to drive stick pretty good and a lot of people (in america at least) dont know how to drive stick very well.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Realistically around a four or five - sort of above average drivers, but below actually talented people - so far.

Its not that im bad- Its just theres alot of shit I'm yet to learn about some situations.

That and the fact I've spun drifting on more occasions than i can count on one hand.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

The majority of the people that drive manual transmissions are not good at it, or do it wrong. I won't rate myself I don't want to embarrass you guys.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

An 11.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I'll say 6.5

Id go a 5-6. I no how to drive a car on the road, i know were my car is (unlike a lot of ppl who hav no idea, i can park easily. I can get a little overconfident and have wrote off a car (a month after i got my P's), but im not sure how id go on a track.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Hard for me, I am no racer type driver, I don't get sideways much..

I'm an avoider of accidents, I drive pretty responsible 99% of the time, I have great peripheral vision, which has saved me many times from being hit, My reflexes are great, Tested at 0.1 seconds, I watch front and back side and as much as 4-6 cars ahead at times, I know what is going on around all the time, I have only once hit a car in the rear, And that was because it changed lanes at half my speed and i couldn't pull the car up..
    I can pretty much drive all type cars, From manuals on the floor to column shift manuals etc,
    I have driven all size cars and some light trucks (real trucks not utes) plus utes.
    I have never been abused on the road, As i don't cut people off etc,
    I have abused many drivers.

I have been driving for a good 16-17 years now, My mum got me behind the wheel @ 15 in a manual car to learn, Got my L's @ 16, P's @ 18, 21 for licence. I have been driving our cars since my L's, My mum was very good she got me driving full time since i started, In peak hour city driving long driving, So i was prepared for anything.

So i don't know, About 7-8?. I think only a race driver could be a 10.
    Last edited by SlickHolden; 07-31-2008 at 11:29 PM.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

no idea.
    racing an air cooled 911 has to count for something?
    i might be a good driver out of necessity, since one car is plotting to kill me and the other has about as much crash protection as a crumpled beer can taped to my balls.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Very subjective really

As a road driver probably a 7, I drive like a old woman on the roads and well aware of morons on the road. Have had 2 accidents in 24 years of driving 1 my fault- rear ender. I think it takes about 10 years to become a decent driver.. car control, being aware of your surroundings etc. Driven everything from a .05 litre pocket bike to a 16 litre Kenworth.

Race Driver probably 3
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    no idea.
    racing an air cooled 911 has to count for something?
    i might be a good driver out of necessity, since one car is plotting to kill me and the other has about as much crash protection as a crumpled beer can taped to my balls.
    farkin LOL, teh porkka waiting in the corner waiting for clutch to drop his guard

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    farkin LOL, teh porkka waiting in the corner waiting for clutch to drop his guard
    i'll admit with the semi-slicks on there has been two nervous moments in wet weather, but i feel that was part of the learning curve
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

8 even though I've have had 3 collisions they hace not been my fault and have been unescapeble plus I drive pretty good
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. -Tony Montana

I had my first proper wet race on the weekend, my road tyres would have more grip in the wet than my race tyres.... Hello turn in understeer then apex out oversteer

I'd go for a 8 or 9, i've driven a lot of diferent things over the years, i've been driving since i was 15 and have my drivers license for almost 10 years now, it's been good, no crashes or scuffs so far. let's keep it that way!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Thread Information