I bought a camera for some incar footage of my races to see how Im going and Im having problems with it. Its a cheap Samsung DV tape type video recorder but I cant download the video to the PC via the Firewire9(1394) cable. So Ive decided to buy another camera but dont wont to spend $1000 on a video camera that will get the crap shaken out of it in the car. The nephews run camera in their cars and generally get 2 seasons from them before they fall to bits internally. Im hoping a SD camera may be more robust than the DV, DVD and HDD ones.

To get a proper race style camera with a seperate recorder and a few lipstick cameras is between $1500-2000 would prefer to spend that money on making the car faster.

Ive been looking at some cheap sd type camcorders that record in HD, seems like a better idea because it will look better on the TV. I need some feedback from some of the multimedia guys from UCP about cameras.

These are the style and performance of the cameras Im looking at:

HD DIGITAL VIDEO CAMCORDER/CAMERA/MP3/MP4 PLAYER/16MP - eBay Other Digital Video Cameras, Digital, Video Cameras, Accessories, Cameras. (end time 06-Aug-08 08:33:03 AEST)

HD DIGITAL VIDEO CAMCORDER/CAMERA/MP3/MP4 PLAYER/16MP - eBay Other Digital Video Cameras, Digital, Video Cameras, Accessories, Cameras. (end time 08-Aug-08 18:56:45 AEST)