Thread: Tonights top gear

Tonights top gear

just to tell you how fast the SLR is

the murcielago, koenigsegg cc8s and the pigani zonda all went round the top gear test track in 1:23.7, 8 and 9. the mercedes Mclaren SLR went round in 1:20.8 now that is very very fast
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

yep, its fast...... haha did you see thr nun in the monster truck!!!? and the fab1 pimp mobile....another good episode this week...

The brakes on the SLR where ON FIRE
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    yep, its fast...... haha did you see thr nun in the monster truck!!!? and the fab1 pimp mobile....another good episode this week...

when they hipnotised richard hammond and told him to forget how to drive then when he got in the car he didnt even know how to start it, he thaught that the gear stick was a joystick to controll it.

that was no pimp mobile it was the new thunderbirds car

i really thaught that the nn was going to roll the monster truck then the owner would be so pissed
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    The brakes on the SLR where ON FIRE
    hey wow i didnt know that you got top gear over there, how many other countries get it?

Quote Originally Posted by mustang123
    hey wow i didnt know that you got top gear over there, how many other countries get it?
    Dunno, probably some other west european countries.

Jeremy Clarkson

That mini 911 was cool...how much are they.i want one. andthat house in that ruff part of yorkshire was also very top of the range... i want one.

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    That mini 911 was cool...how much are they.i want one. andthat house in that ruff part of yorkshire was also very top of the range... i want one.

yeah of course that was a top of the range house at a high price of £7000.

did you hear him say there there was a house there valued at a whole £0

bone to pick...

just to tell you how fast the SLR is

the murcielago, koenigsegg cc8s and the pigani zonda all went round the top gear test track in 1:23.7, 8 and 9. the mercedes Mclaren SLR went round in 1:20.8 now that is very very fast
    i think they should have scapped all the existing times when the new stig came on board. it is obvious he is a better driver than the original stig, this was made clear when the re-tested the murcielago in totally dry conditions (as opposed to just damp) he killed the time by 5 secs.

i have now doubt if the new stig drove the zonda or koenigsegg around the track he would sh*t on the time of the SLR let alone the old stigs times...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

Quote Originally Posted by @wall
    i think they should have scapped all the existing times when the new stig came on board. it is obvious he is a better driver than the original stig, this was made clear when the re-tested the murcielago in totally dry conditions (as opposed to just damp) he killed the time by 5 secs.

i have now doubt if the new stig drove the zonda or koenigsegg around the track he would sh*t on the time of the SLR let alone the old stigs times...

when the new stig came for about 5 minutes is didnt think that he was as good as the old stig, but then when i saaw the times that he was getting i thaught

was it the old stig that drive the 911 turbo round the track??

if so this proves that the new stig is better because last night be beat the RWD porsche in a FWD alfa 156 GTA. in all fairness is was the 3.7L GTA but still it was front wheel drive and should be nowhere as good as the porsche

yeh i watch top gear over here in Aust aswell
    320kw Ford DJR falcon
    Ford = FIRST ON RACE DAY

if so this proves that the new stig is better because last night be beat the RWD porsche in a FWD alfa 156 GTA. in all fairness is was the 3.7L GTA but still it was front wheel drive and should be nowhere as good as the porsche
    A well setup fwd can enter a corner MUCH faster than a mid/rear wheel drive.
    So if it can maintain traction from trhe apex then you can be fast.
    The usual problem with powerful FWD is they lose grip on the exit and scrabble. That and torque steer - the original Saab 99 Turbo was terrible for this !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Didn't you guys noticed that the brakes where actually on fire??? Doesn't that ruin them???

Jeremy Clarkson

OK, so I forgot about it last night.
    Anyone give me a heads up please when it comes available on-line ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information