Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mechanixfetch Is really finally getting a car

Mechanixfetch Is really finally getting a car

Last night was my grad and my parents had asked what I wanted for grad, they gave me a bunch of options and not too surprisingly I chose a car. So I was given a fair sum of money, $7500 CDN to buy a car. I've found what I think to be a good compromise of safety and fun and I want your opinions and suggestions. The car I found is a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD with no accidents, no rust and 200 000 km on it for $3450 CDN. I think I could get this fun car, drop say $1000 to make sure it works fina and throw another $2000 at it for performance sakes and then the rest can go towards insurance. What do you guys think?
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Sweet deal

You'll have to take me for a spin

Sounds like a great idea. Have fun with and be safe.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I'm soooooo burning your clutch into the ground.
    Two words: Dodge Viper

Congratulations, sounds great but can you to us over here explain what the car actually is? The only Eagle is know about was constructed by Dan Gurney, and I don't expect you to take that as your first car. Honestly I have no clue what you will be driving.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

its the same thing as a mitsubishi eclipse GSX (AWD turbo)
    those are also sometimes called like DSM and some other stuff.
    really nice car for being your first(or whatever). you might have to do a tune up and change some parts for it to run fine, on the performance side...intake,exhaust, and maybe throw in a bigger turbo unless ya just want normal driving, but those make really good racers because of the AWD.(no, not ricers, ricers is when ya got the looks but no performance to backup)
    i wouldn't mind 1 of those.....tho i myself would like to get a 99 eclipse GSX, but am gonna stick to my 240sx.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Sounds like a good deal, I believe that car has about 200HP and a 0-60 under 7 seconds. MooseTSI has one, too bad he doesn't post anymore.
    This is what his profile says:

i drive a 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD:mods= 2 gen exhaust manni,ACT 2600 clutch,limited slip rear,MBC,upgraded fuel pump,K&N,3" TRD exhaust-no cat, 3" down pipe,3" upper and lower IC pipe,supra side mount IC,550cc injectors,big 16g tu

Try looking for his e-mail or something, I'm sure he could give you some tips.

Take care and good luck with that

Here's the add
    1991 EAGLE TALON 2dr TSI 4WD, 2dr, Tan, Manual, AWD , 2.0L, 4Cyl, Gas, Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette, Rear Defroster, Intermittent Wipers, Anti-Lock Brakes, Heated Mirrors, Power Mirrors, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Power Windows, Tinted Glass, Tilt Wheel, Tilt Steering, Spoiler, Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Power Locks, Turbo fuel injected,Wheel Base of Series: 0972,Rim Size: 16/Tire Size: R205,active (manual) belts $3,450.00

And here are the numbers.
    Horse Power145.4 kw / 195.0 bhp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque275.23 nm / 203.0 ft lbs @ 3000 rpm
    Weight 1405 kg / 3097 lbs
    Top speed 222.1 kph / 138.0 mph
    Gas Mileage 20/25 MPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    Here's the add
    1991 EAGLE TALON 2dr TSI 4WD, 2dr, Tan, Manual, AWD , 2.0L, 4Cyl, Gas, Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette, Rear Defroster, Intermittent Wipers, Anti-Lock Brakes, Heated Mirrors, Power Mirrors, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Power Windows, Tinted Glass, Tilt Wheel, Tilt Steering, Spoiler, Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Power Locks, Turbo fuel injected,Wheel Base of Series: 0972,Rim Size: 16/Tire Size: R205,active (manual) belts $3,450.00

And here are the numbers.
    Horse Power145.4 kw / 195.0 bhp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque275.23 nm / 203.0 ft lbs @ 3000 rpm
    Weight 1405 kg / 3097 lbs
    Top speed 222.1 kph / 138.0 mph
    Gas Mileage 20/25 MPG
    You CAN'T go wrong with those numbers I didn't know it had that much torque... nice!

It looks nice in the pictures, they have taken good care of it.

very good choice, yes its a DSM , the good thing about that car is it has one of the stronest built factory 4-cyl. ever, even stronger then the newer 4g63's in the second gen eclipses and talons, a very good site for mods and general info is LINK. you can find anything from what you should mod first and with what brands to general maintenece and things that go wrong on these cars, 300hp can easily be had with the time and money. good luck
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

you're gettin a great deal man! hafta drive out here and take me for a drive sometime after u got it all fixed up
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Neat car,,,,i hope you focus more under bonnet mods but its seems like agood buy...By the sounds of it it would be the kind of thing id jump on right now...and why cant our cars here go down in price like that?

Ofcourse most modifications will be in the engine bay. and I think cars are cheaper here because we have so many rich poeple in North America who liketo buy or lease a new car every few years that we have a surplus of older cars that no one (except me) want.

lovely car....n lovely deal. had no idea there was any such a car. correct me if im wrong, but tht looks a lot like the eclipse...any relation?

the AWD part is jus lovely!
    u kno wat the 0-60 time for ure car is?

g'luk gettin it. post sum pics if u do.

and congrats on ure graduation!
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

nice deal

i cant talk about the other because probably i'm the guy with more rep in a month but 248 and 45 rep points is crazy
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Thread Information