Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Reinventing Valiant be possible?

Would Reinventing Valiant be possible?

I've been thinking about this alot, Chrysler have the perfect platform to compete with the Commodore and Falcon (the new 300c's platform) and it could be put to use quite well over here. Also i'm sure a wagon would be possible as the 300c is also a wagon..

Could possibly make a new Charger off this platform aswell? That'd kick ass

Probably not now as Chrysler are in financial shit but as a prospect in the future??

Share your views here..

Chrysler are in pretty bad shape financially, and the 300C looks like it may be able to get them about that, but as for Valiant coming back into the country, i think it wouldve only happpened if Mitsubishi's global restucturing plans including shutting down the 2 local plants. When Valiant left, if was Mitsubishi who bought their old plant.

As for a wagon, i dunno. It should be possible, but even still, theres always the Dodge Magnum RT
    I am the Stig

We would have the 5.7 Hemi as the V8 in the range, with the 3.5V6 from the Concorde/Intrepid/Pacifica as the 6 Cylinder offering, either that or the 3.8V6 from the Voyager?

It seems this would be entirely possible, with the right sorta thinking behind it all, Chrysler have the right chassis, engines, and name to get this kicking!

Its an interesting idea....chrysler still have a strong following here...and i would love to see them return to raceing here.....and i think it would do chrysler a world of good if they could pull of a world car platform....IF.

Though quite personally i think the chrysler crossfire witha v8 would make a good charger

and if they decide to make their own platform if they want to go real centimental like they could use the jeep 6 cylender engine which is incredibly similarto the 265 engine that used to grace our valients...

if they started making the 300C here, that would give them something to go into V8 Supercars with ad go back to the original 3 way rivalry from the 70's. They could easily shorten the stroke of the 5.7L hemi and use that as their engine, it would comply as its OHV/pushrod. the only thing is, it would be like racing a falcon against a fairlane, they'd probably want to consider a shorter wheelbase version.
    I am the Stig

shorter wheelbase? wouldnt that make it harder to control at higher speeds?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

it can do alot of things, making it harder, perhaps less predictable to control is one thing. it also makes it livelier and to some, more fun to control. my main reason though for suggesting Chrysler enter a shorter wheelbase 300C was as an eay way to reduce the weight though and put it more on par with the dimensions of the Falcons and Commodores, and also i think Project Blueprint requites the wheelbase, track and overhands of competing cars to all be reasonably similar
    I am the Stig

Falcon do you mean the 3.7V6 from the Cherokee or the 4.0 from the Wrangler?

Crossfire is way too soft looking for the Charger role IMO. And god forbid Chrysler badge engineering any damn cars, we don't want a Valiant Neon!

I'm sure Chrysler could make a great looking coupe with the 300c base. Can't get a Mercedes base because it would be too exspensive, and I think the Sebring coupe is front wheel drive...

I dare say he meant the old 4.0L straight 6.......

Well the Crossfire is based off the SLK Roadster, and the way Chrysler got around the price of that was pretty simple.......they used the old platform , A charger would probably be around the size of the CLK but i dont know how they would work that out
    I am the Stig

yup the old 4.0 ive been told it is"shockingly" similarto the old semi hemi 6 we used to run...also in the same bit of information i read the went like stink and got faily lamefuel ecconmy and that also fits the same description im not saying they should but if they want to give the public something they couldidentify with theres one option...also while the engine may seem lame in the wranglerin amuchlighter car it could be quite a erstwile performer...

And i dont know there would be ways an means around makeing the crossfire more agressive and a strong arual note from the hemi v8 would also help that alot....

Well im thinking fpv would be right also they use the same undertrays so that would need to get their heads around it....but its all not impossible....and also he is very rightabout the reductions in weight....which would be fairly important for performance and fuel ecconmy in every model (rember with whats being benchraced here you also haveto take in consideration that it would need a bread and butter range) But one important enginering aspectof australaian cars and a severe limitation to the cars styleing and areodynamics is that australian cars need to be built with excelent cooling for possible desert travel and some very hot tmepratures....not that they couldent get their heads around it....but the chances are good that the finsihed product wont bethe picture in your mind....

Also i dont have one little problem with them badge engiering really...its brought many fine products to diffrent parts of the world (and some not so fine) and its a possiblity for a new narket and brand identifcation in this way...who knows a rebadged crossfire (for example haveing a case of brain fade today) that stirs the local public and has some sucsess on the track might give chrysler a stronger name to actually do something like this.... see mypoint...

Let me try and make a chop of a Crossfire, try and get it looking mean and aggressive, for the Charger role...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    yup the old 4.0 ive been told it is"shockingly" similarto the old semi hemi 6 we used to run...also in the same bit of information i read the went like stink and got faily lamefuel ecconmy and that also fits the same description im not saying they should but if they want to give the public something they couldidentify with theres one option...also while the engine may seem lame in the wranglerin amuchlighter car it could be quite a erstwile performer...

i think they'd wanna chuck a couple of million its way and try and develop it some more, i mean you can see what 5 million done for the Ford 6. If its not a V8, its gotta be a I6, and its bound to be cheaper to bring an older engine up to scratch than come up with a new one completely
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Let me try and make a chop of a Crossfire, try and get it looking mean and aggressive, for the Charger role...

maybe you and whiteballz both and try and mock something up
    I am the Stig

Heres a quick one I did, qualities a bit patchy in some areas, but generally gives you an idea of what i'm getting at, just big chrome wheels, black paint, a low mean stance, mean stuff I can just imagine that Hemi Growl up front and out the twin pipes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah thats what im getting at....but i think a shakerhood like the american charger wouldlook cheesy....although a small cowl migthent hurt at all...flared gaurds maybey....not like torana flares but something to streatch it out abit forlarger rubber....what you done so far look like a flash concept

So you can chop cars eh? prehaps a chop on a mid 90s silvia might be inorder...its one of the cars im seriously thinking of buying

Thread Information