Thread: Mazda RX-8 Hydrogen Concept:Eat Your Heart Out Hydrogen Renesis Rotary Engine

Mazda RX-8 Hydrogen Concept:Eat Your Heart Out Hydrogen Renesis Rotary Engine

The car is a RX-8 powered by a hydrogen Renesis rotary instead of a petrol Renesis rotary!Cool!!!

where is the link or anymore info ?????if there isnt anymore, i dont mind, but usually there is in such a kinda thread and id really like to know some more about it....
    Last edited by drakkie; 09-03-2004 at 09:51 AM.

this is kinda old news.. i feel like we've been over this before
    its only a concept, dont get too excited

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...ar.mv&num=1792

I think 120hp is not enough for a 4 passenger car with a rotary engine. How much torque of power?
    elmasmejol...

Quote Originally Posted by FC88RE
    I think 120hp is not enough for a 4 passenger car with a rotary engine. How much torque of power?
    The normal RX8 weights more than 3000 pounds... With a 120HP engine the HP/weight ratio would be worst than a civic. Plus the RX8 has a very low torque... reminds me of the S2000.

It's just a concept though and a good idea, hope it evolves into something better in the future

Oh, I got all excited there for a minute..thought there'd be a link or something.
    ...just a concept, yippie. This whole hydrogen thing doesn't do it for me anyway. I mean I know petrol's gonna run out eventually and we need to device other fuel.
    But I'll be pouring Grandmas moonshine into my old rota before I go buying a slow but enviromentaly friendly bubble car.
    "Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."

Quote Originally Posted by wapwapwap
    Oh, I got all excited there for a minute..thought there'd be a link or something.
    ...just a concept, yippie. This whole hydrogen thing doesn't do it for me anyway. I mean I know petrol's gonna run out eventually and we need to device other fuel.
    But I'll be pouring Grandmas moonshine into my old rota before I go buying a slow but enviromentaly friendly bubble car.
    Then you'd end up with NO car

hydrogen is looking to be the way ahead, but there are several otehr alternatives starting to come of like power cells, air, water, electric (has been around a while) who knows which is going to be adopted as the standard for new cars in the next 50 years? i cant imagine have charging stations, hydrogen staions, compressed air stations and water stations everywhere, sooner or later major manufacturers are going to have to decide on which road theyre going to drive down, and sadly enough for us, we'll have to follow.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information