Thread: which turbo to get?

which turbo to get?

Hey,my names lindsey...im new to the website i have a 98' eclipse gsx, and i was wondering which turbo you all think would be better to get... the big evo8, or the slowboy racing turbo which basically has a 3'' inlet and a 7cm turbine housing. If yall have any other idea's for a good turbo, any advice would help Im looking for a turbo thats basically gonna help me push 4-500+whp... thanks, ~Lindsey
    If god had meant man to fly, he wouldn't have invented the 5-speed;)

~98' gsx-awd turbo...

I'm thinking a garrett turbo

the one in the new Mistubishi! lol, looking for your kitten?
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

what has been done to the motor? do you plan on using n2o? what will the car be used for? whose building the motor?
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Hey Mego, congrats ahead of time for your 1000th post
    eat cicada

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    what has been done to the motor? do you plan on using n2o? what will the car be used for? whose building the motor?
    i just got the car not to long ago, but so far iv got all greddy upper & lower ic piping, bov, act2600 clutch& flywheel, boost guage & greddy turbo timer & boost controller... No i dont plan on using nos, i want all engine. Iv installed everything myself so far, except the clutch..any bolt on's i can do, but going internal..someone else can do that

~98' gsx-awd turbo...

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    I'm thinking a garrett turbo

Yeah iv heard garett turbo's are good too, oh and you arent the only R1 fanatic well i love r1's alot, but too big for me. I'll be getting a gsxr600, once i get some things for my car out of the way......

~98' gsx-awd turbo...

XS engineering makes turbos that can put 20+ PSI.
    http://www.xs-engineering.com/ .
    so does garrett and HKS.
    there's a guy in NICO forums with a 240SX(with the 2.4L engine) making over 500rwhp @26 PSI with the T04X2.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

i run an XS T04X with T4 turbine, its a good turbo but it would be a bit big for her app i would think, it would make the power but spool up would kill it on the street also the X2 would be way overkill.

gsxygirl, before you worry about what turbo you'd like to get, you should worry about saving the funds to find a nice 6 bold motor, have it built by a repectable shop, and work out the swap, then worry about what turbo you should us, many dsm owners go with the 16g or 18g series of turbos and are very happy with them. also before you get into dee, what is the car going to be used for? whats the most powerful car you have driven on a daily bassis? how old are you? is smogging going to be a problem? if your young and want a fast car its just young arogance talking, you should dea with a stock GSX for a while, their plenty quick. you should also know how involved a project these types of things are and how big of pains in the ass they can become, my car was supposed to be done last january and its still on stands. you should also take what you would consider the prce of this project o be and times it by 150%. these things can nickle and dime you to death. also on your first bike i assume, i would look into something more along the lines of a SV650/s before moving up to a supersport, you cang get in just as much trouble on a beginner bike as you can on a supersport but a SS will get you there tat much more quickly, and when you do get in trouble its easier to get out of it on a beginners bike. and theres no shame in riding one either, the '03+ SV650/S'sdont look to bad, have lower fairings available(if you opt for the S), and arent any slouch either, with about ~70hp they'll get you up to speed pretty quick and they are a wonder to handle. plus the torquey V-twin will be eaier on the clutch and brain when your putting around town(which is the only thing you should be doing if your a beginning rider ). if you'd like any more info ask away, on the bikes or the eclipse. i have a few friends the tune dsm's and me and bikes have a thing going

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLETON
    Hey Mego, congrats ahead of time for your 1000th post
    yea took over a year to get there but i guess im a man with not much to say... well mabe not. i bet my 1000 posts has more character content that half these 1500+ post one-liners we have here mabe im just full of shit and i need to vent it to the world

Thread Information