Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda RX-8 hydrogen rotary now street legal

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Of course

I think you missed the point I was trying to make... the rotary engine already lacks torque and guzzles fuel, so it is inherently a bad start for a hydrogen application. While hydrogen is completely encouraged by all means, it seems that it might be better suited to a piston engine.
    well then i'm with fpv_gtho. the article did say that rotary engine is ideal for hydrogen fuel. i dunno for sure because i haven't seen the real thing so i dont understand much about hydrogen powered engine.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

I saw a story on this a couple of years ago and to my recollection they stated the rotary was the only engine NOT to lose any power or torque,it thrived on Hydrogen because it burns quicker and as it burns hotter it is capable of being burn't/ expelled at a high rate which is what suits the high revving rotary.BMW are seriously into developing the Hydrogen car and all their engines from the beginning of this year are built to be run on Hydrogen as well as petrol so when the time comes(in BMW's eyes) the conversion won't be too expensive because they recon Hydrogen is the future, this is why they are promoting it in Germany and you can now fill up with Hydrogen at moment in Frankfurt at special stations

hmmm, the Hybrid car should be a welcomming thing here in Norway, we allready have steep emmision cost's, and gas cost like 1 euro for the Liter.....(aint life great.....and expensive....)

Thread Information