• new GT40

3 4.35%
  • old gt40

3 4.35%
  • shelby cobra

1 1.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super car poll

From the list I would choose the GT2 and the Koeingsegg as my favourites, not on the list, but very nice, a 917 for on the street.

sorry, the pics are gone
    Last edited by Rob; 09-15-2003 at 11:46 AM.
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

too much

I think that 10 choices is too distracting. This should have been left as an open discussion without the poll.

Anyways, I love the Pagani Zonda S !!

Re: Super car poll

Originally posted by jake21
    Id like to see what other ppl think is the best supercar in the world
    new or old
    my top five chioces are
    1 saleen s7
    2 koeingsegg cc8s
    3 porsche GT2
    4 f360 modena
    5 lambo murceilago

MY favorite is the saleen s7 b/c it the only real american supercar. With a change in greaing the s7 is on par if not surpassed the records set by the mclaren f1.
    Dude?! Where's the Porsche 959?!

After the 959(sport version), probably Carrera GT, then Enzo, I have no idea after that.
    IVI-Niveus

f won

the f1. There's nothing more practical and powerful at the same time. It truly is a super-car. There are cars that may be able to beat its performance, but not without sacrificing some degree of reliability (turbos), comfort (lighter seats/no interior), or ugliness (air scoops air scoops air scoops MORE AIR SCOOPS!).

It is such a beatiful car, and it simply outperforms most anything on the road. If you wanted better road handling, include the f1 LM, which i think does classify as production? maybe I am wrong, but o-60 in 2.9 and probably a better skidpad, with far less comfort than the original.

the f1 was designed to be a comfortable car with incredible performance. Others are designed to be cars with incredible performance.

behind it, i must vote the old gt-40, just rad, with a road version to boot, and performance beyond it's year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

what about carrera gt??

I think this will be as good as the enzo

Originally posted by defchef
    what about carrera gt??

I think this will be as good as the enzo
    Nope
    Not as good as Ferrari Enzo Ferrari

The original GT40. Why? cuz without it, I strongly believe that no other supercar would have been built. it started it all. it hade a muscle car engine in a sports car body. i found the perfect balance between handling and power.the supercar was it's offspring, a race car for the road, the MKIII GT40.
    American Muscle: twice the cylinders, twice the awesome!

personaly it has to be the Cerbera Speed 12, that is the final word in ultimate road car performance, over 1000hp ultra light weight all it needs is a decent traction control system to literaly obliterate any of these cars acceleration records and im betting it could catch the mclaren if it put its mind to it in the top speed department, handling wise it might have to much power for its own good but with a decent driver it could work
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

HMMMMMM

does no one here remember the mc laren F1, (but the bugati would still own all (880 horse in a car that weighs 3600 lbs. thats speed baby)

p.s. the carrera GT will never come close to the enzo

uh, i think the carrera will be close to the enzo...closer than the bugatti anyways...the bugatti is overpowered and heavy, whereas the mclaren enzo carrera are all designed to be light, fast, and handle well.

not to say the bugatti is a terrible car, but it is terribly heavy.

also, whoever mentioned the TVR speed 12 is right, that's a silly fast car, but it's not really production, front engined, and probably is not as all around good as some others.

i keep my vote with mclaren.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

McLaren F1 with the Pagani Zonda S & Ferrari Enzo tied at a close 2nd place

So. . . not that i would have put it above the murcielago, enzo, and mclaren, what WHERE THE HELL IS THE VEYRON

koeingsegg cc8s.

I love it

Then again, I do love the Modenas

hmmm, I'm reading the post's and most replies talk about 0-60, G forces etc. But can one honestly differentiate a 0-60 in 4 sec to a 0-60 in 3.5 (I know someone here will rip me appart for that one, however I have been in a Caterham Seven 0-60 in 3.5 and a TVR Cerberra 0-60 in 4 sec and both scared the shit out of me equally!)

At this level what makes a supercar special......in my opinion its soul, its presence, its the hair raising noises and bone crushing forces, its heritage..............its the Ferrari F40...........the last untamed Supercar.

In my opinion

I will say that i still do have an admiration for Gordon Murray and team to build the most non-compromised, no expense spared supercar ever........The Maclaren F1

Originally posted by Quiggs
    The F1 was good to 60 and 100. And people think it was "so awesome" because it did 241mph. Well yea, it did. But it also took 7 miles to get there. Not impressed.
    I was looking back through this thread, and I came across this old post. The thing that gets me, is that 7 miles seems very reasonable to attain that speed, I don't know any formulas for calculating coefficients of drag and how that increases exponentially as speed. Does anyone have any idea how much time elapsed from 0 to 241mph? or a formula to calculate acceleration?

If this seems to be a bit of a lame question, my only excuse is that nightshift sucks, Ive been awake for almost 23 hrs ..... and damn the beers cold!!!

Thread Information