Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Top Gear in danger?

Is Top Gear in danger?

BBC World today reported that the BBC is going to lay off a total of 6,000 people due to it's financial situation and that there will be programing changes. Do our UK members think Top Gear might be canceled? God I hope not!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    BBC World today reported that the BBC is going to lay off a total of 6,000 people due to it's financial situation and that there will be programing changes. Do our UK members think Top Gear might be canceled? God I hope not!
    They better not or dire consequences will ensue.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Doubt it.

The revisions at the BBC will hopefully trim the utterly crap daytime schedule.

Top Gear is one of the BBCs few good programmes, if they do axe it they are stupid beyond belief.

Don't forget that the BBC is a wide ranging organisation responsible for making hundreds of programmes on both TV and Radio in the UK, as well as its world wide news and internet services.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Doubt it.

The revisions at the BBC will hopefully trim the utterly crap daytime schedule.

Top Gear is one of the BBCs few good programmes, if they do axe it they are stupid beyond belief.

Don't forget that the BBC is a wide ranging organisation responsible for making hundreds of programmes on both TV and Radio in the UK, as well as its world wide news and internet services.
    Lets hope you're right Coventry I got concerened because the report stated that all areas of the BBC will encounter personel lay offs. Administrative, finance, programing, production and so on. Lets hope Jeremy Clarkson has some major clout in the BBC.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I would think that they would be rediculously stupid if the cut it. I happen to think it is one of the best car shows around. And I don't even live in Britian!

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    I would think that they would be rediculously stupid if the cut it. I happen to think it is one of the best car shows around. And I don't even live in Britian!
    Ditto man, ditto

top gear has many viewers inside and out of the UK, its too valuable to cancel, dont worry

Does anyone have an idea how Top Gear is doing in the ratings in comparison to other shows on UK TV?

god i hope it stays
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Kingdom of Tonga South Pacific for the time being..
    seing as Top Gear has such a large fan base (EVEN A MAGAZINE!) theres no chance that Itll get axed..
    The Rebirth of Xarzy
    >>XxLEASxX<<
    To My Unborn Child
    UCP's Resident Jack Armstrong

the BBC im sure ahs a HUGE number of emplyees. and Top Gear has a comparatively small number, even comared to 6000, so it would be foolish to knock it off when there are not that many employees and it would not make a significant impact. however, im guessing its one of the more expensive shows to produce.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    however, im guessing its one of the more expensive shows to produce.
    Exactly, that's why I got worried. I hope they make a lot more for the BBC than they spend

I don't think they will. If they do they should be shot.

Top gear is the only car program on british TV other than 30 minutes of 5th gear once a week.

if they got rid of that i thknk they would loose alot of viewers at that time
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

You MIGHT find the Beeb aren't so willing to fund jaunts to Verbier though
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information