Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The PC Discussion Thread

started a new thread for my new pc setup, forgot about this one sorry.

was just wondering, its a silly question really..but ive got a 400gb IDE drive at the moment and for my new system Ive got a maxtor SATA drive. Is it just as simple as plugging them both in at the same time and transferring the files from my old one to this one? setting the IDE to slave

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    Really? Well done I guess!
    I have a dedicated thread on Overclock.net that shows my progress.

Overclock.net > Graphics Cards > NVIDIA > eVGA 7900GT KO overclocking & cooling

Also in that thread there are tips I posted about overclocking graphics cards too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    started a new thread for my new pc setup, forgot about this one sorry.

was just wondering, its a silly question really..but ive got a 400gb IDE drive at the moment and for my new system Ive got a maxtor SATA drive. Is it just as simple as plugging them both in at the same time and transferring the files from my old one to this one? setting the IDE to slave
    You can say that, but the only problem is that some files such as all things in your "C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username" won't be accessible unless you manually move them out by booting into your old Windows on that HDD and log onto that account.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 10-07-2006 at 08:09 PM.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    I have a dedicated thread on Overclock.net that shows my progress.

Overclock.net > Graphics Cards > NVIDIA > eVGA 7900GT KO overclocking & cooling

Also in that thread there are tips I posted about overclocking graphics cards too.

You can say that, but the only problem is that some files such as all things in your "C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username" won't be accessible unless you manually move them out by booting into your old Windows on that HDD and log onto that account.
    THats the problem i had when my old pc died on me, when i tried to access my files on my HDD using a different system it was protected. However that was because the account was passworded. I never passworded my account to log on my recent pc so i should be able to transfer the files easily?

THats the problem i had when my old pc died on me, when i tried to access my files on my HDD using a different system it was protected. However that was because the account was passworded. I never passworded my account to log on my recent pc so i should be able to transfer the files easily?
    If you cannot access your old files with your new user account you just need to take ownership of the files. It involves the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."

Why is your GPU on overclock.net shown as a X1900GT?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Why is your GPU on overclock.net shown as a X1900GT?
    because he blew up his 7800!

My rig now has an oc'ed 4000 pushing 2.8 GHz, and an overclocked 7950GT!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    because he blew up his 7800!

My rig now has an oc'ed 4000 pushing 2.8 GHz, and an overclocked 7950GT!
    7900GT KO.

My X1900GT is now pushing over 700/1600 and still getting higher.

.........plus 6000 points in 3DMark06 at 648/1402, it whoops my old 7900GT @ 730/1700 hands down.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Haha you blew up your 7900GT
    Good thing the warranty isn't voided when you overclock EVGA products

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Haha you blew up your 7900GT
    Good thing the warranty isn't voided when you overclock EVGA products
    The warranty doesn't cover that gazillion volts that were sent to the memory.

Oh well at least ATiTool let me change voltage on the X1900GT so I don't have to hard-mod it again.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

just found out all the components i got for my PC might not actually fit in the case :| i didnt expect them to be so much bigger than what i used to have. the power supply is almost nudging the disk drives! and i still have to put on the huge zalman CPU flower fan which will surely conflict with the PSU. oh dear.. the money just keeps on popping up.

oh and another issue. the ASUS m2n-e motherboard s upposedly (according to reviews) has a restricted maximum of 1.9V for the memory. the memory which i bought is the corsair xms2 6400 800mhz which runs at 2.1v...so i may be forced to underclock

Guest Guest
    if you really want to know i still have 2 M2N-E rigs i've built for sale

just found out all the components i got for my PC might not actually fit in the case :| i didnt expect them to be so much bigger than what i used to have. the power supply is almost nudging the disk drives! and i still have to put on the huge zalman CPU flower fan which will surely conflict with the PSU. oh dear.. the money just keeps on popping up.

oh and another issue. the ASUS m2n-e motherboard s upposedly (according to reviews) has a restricted maximum of 1.9V for the memory. the memory which i bought is the corsair xms2 6400 800mhz which runs at 2.1v...so i may be forced to underclock
    Did you even get a new case? Lol.

I can walk you through if you point your webcam at that empty case, it's sometimes frustrating when the hardwares are a little too big, but if you gimme a shot I can probably get you to turn that thing into a stuffed animal with reasonable airflow. As long as you have a mid-tower then you can definitely fit them all in.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

i emptied my old case, to replace it with the new bits. its a mid-tower so it should in theory fit it all in. my GPU and CPU arrive on monday. Will find out by then.

i emptied my old case, to replace it with the new bits. its a mid-tower so it should in theory fit it all in. my GPU and CPU arrive on monday. Will find out by then.
    If it doesn't work out then you can probably try finding some cheap Chinese cases, I have one which is highly moddable and allow me to produce hurricane inside the case, plus it looks good too and only costed like $30.

It doesn't have a brand name either.

Anyway I just found this Top Gear BF2 video. Enjoy.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

It seems like most mobos have been having problems with memory over 2.0v
    (except for the Asus WiFi Edition and the Intel Bad-Axe)

Thread Information