Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R35 GT-R V-Spec shows its face... and price

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the R56 Mini Cooper S has that also.
    Many cars have it. Like the latest Porsche 911 Turbo and a bunch of Fiats.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Many cars have it. Like the latest Porsche 911 Turbo and a bunch of Fiats.
    I think it isn't temporized on the Fiat (if you are referring to the sport button), but it's still something silly, even more on such high performance cars like the SpecV or the 911 Turbo (I missed it has that thingy too)
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

yeah, but no interior colour choices except black - YUKK! - and as far as I can see apart from a red no other bright colour choice.

now Nissan may have desired a sinister 'cave-like' image for the GTR for some obscure Eastern reason but I will never drive a b cave and when did ya last sit in a lounge or office painted all black and felt comfortable?

this car is too important and desirable not to have more colour choices

amazes me how these companies can get the marketing basics so wrong

I didn't read all the press, so I may have missed it..........did they list any production numbers for the Spec?

I do agree with some opinions here: for the price, the whole body should be CF. I would be more willing to pay for weight reduction than a power bump....since that can be easily attained in aftermarket.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    I didn't read all the press, so I may have missed it..........did they list any production numbers for the Spec?
    20 to 30 each month apparently.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Mercedes-Benz still hasn't seen fit to build a transmission capable of harnessing the full force of their twin-turbo V12. Even the brand-new AMG SL65 Black Edition has the same ol' 738 lb-ft limit. The car is very impressive otherwise, and certainly looks great. Makes the SLR seem a bit lame, and is even more exclusive.

more interested in the 370Z, and if they make a sport version of that, to be honest.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

This is more of a collectors item than a GTR on steroids.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Well, folks, it's important to remember that the V-Spec was never a revolutionary upgrade, just some minor suspension & etc. upgrades.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Well, folks, it's important to remember that the V-Spec was never a revolutionary upgrade, just some minor suspension & etc. upgrades.
    But I think you can agree that this V-Spec model is underwhelming. I'm sure most expected a bit more from Nissan.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    not for twice the price though
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

all i see is that it has uglyrims

Is it just me or does it seem as if all this GTR stuff is a bunch of marketing gone wild? Really... I mean, almost every auto magazine listed it as their Car of the Year (even EVO, I thought they would go Porsche again this year). Is it really that great?

I've seen it in action at the track once back in September. Everyone there was in awe and thought it was the coolest thing since... uh, sliced bread. I however, was more impressed by the tuned out 993 GT2, and some guys' Formula Renault, and the likes of other such autos at the track.

No doubt, it's a fine car. It just seems over publicized and over marketed (Veyron comes to mind). I'm thinking that soon this {car} will become the bastardized go-to example of every "awesome" car by would-be enthusiast's who try to make a case for something (Veyron comes to mind again). That's just my thought.

I agree entirely.
    Part of its popularity is no doubt due to its reputation as a giant killer, but at the same time it is just extremely hyped.
    Nissan did a pretty good job af creating low expectations by making it so fat, so testers drive it thinking it will be very slow and are extra amazed that it isn't.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Reanimating thread to say: GT-R has had it's launch control software updated in light of all those failures, it is now more durable ...and, inexplicably, also faster. More than 1/2 a second faster to 60mph with VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) on.

Read on.
    Before reprogramming

VDC off

0-60 mph-----3.8 sec. (3.5 sec. with one foot of rollout like on a dragstrip)
    1/4 Mile-------11.8 sec. @ 118.6 mph
    VDC on
    0-60 mph-----4.3 sec. (4.0 sec. with one foot of rollout like on a dragstrip)
    1/4 Mile-------12.3 sec. @ 118.5 mph

After reprogramming
    VDC off
    0-60 mph-----3.6 sec. (3.3 sec. with one foot of rollout like on a dragstrip)
    1/4 Mile-------11.6 sec. @ 118.9 mph
    VDC on
    0-60 mph-----3.6 sec. (3.4 sec. with one foot of rollout like on a dragstrip)
    1/4 Mile-------11.7 sec. @ 118.5 mph
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Thread Information