Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bentley continental gt

Originally posted by Wouter Melissen
    It's a good thing you are not a bentley buyer.
    yeah if i had money to buy a bentley - i would not
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Yeah, motorhead is right. And come on, the steer comes right out of the Phaeton. Who on earth wants parts that come from a stupid Volkswagen in his Bentley?

Originally posted by Lagonda
    Yeah, motorhead is right. And come on, the steer comes right out of the Phaeton. Who on earth wants parts that come from a stupid Volkswagen in his Bentley?
    hah-Volkswagen isn't stupid with nice W12 engines
    Bentley is very expensive only becuase the models are hand made.
    I think citroen never can make engines like that.

Originally posted by SL500
    hah-Volkswagen isn't stupid with nice W12 engines
    Bentley is very expensive only becuase the models are hand made.
    I think citroen never can make engines like that.
    Please, the avarage Bentley buyer HATES the W12 (or the V12 from BMW that was used for a short while), I'm not speaking about the nouveau riche people who just buy anything that's expensive, mind you. Real Bentley-buyers want the V8. This Bentley is not fully hand made, I mean, Ferdinand Piëch probably wanted to built this on a Phaeton platform or something (thank god he is gone, maybe there is some hope now for VAG). Really did you see the interior of a Phaeton or Touareg once ? It has exactly the same steer as the Continental GT, and that's what I call being cheap. Typically VAG, sharing every damn part. And that's just pathetic for a car that costs more than 250.000 euros.
    Oh and about Citroën, they are VERY cabable of making such engines, evert car maker is... But is has no use, Citroën does not make cars of that class. They make cars for the normal people who can't aford things like these. And please read up a bit on the history of Citroën and Panhard, they have been quite influential in the history of carmanufacuring. Look at the DS for example.

Please, the avarage Bentley buyer HATES the W12 (or the V12 from BMW that was used for a short while), I'm not speaking about the nouveau riche people who just buy anything that's expensive, mind you. Real Bentley-buyers want the V8. This Bentley is not fully hand made, I mean, Ferdinand Piëch probably wanted to built this on a Phaeton platform or something (thank god he is gone, maybe there is some hope now for VAG). Really did you see the interior of a Phaeton or Touareg once ? It has exactly the same steer as the Continental GT, and that's what I call being cheap. Typically VAG, sharing every damn part. And that's just pathetic for a car that costs more than 250.000 euros.
    Oh and about Citroën, they are VERY cabable of making such engines, evert car maker is... But is has no use, Citroën does not make cars of that class. They make cars for the normal people who can't aford things like these. And please read up a bit on the history of Citroën and Panhard, they have been quite influential in the history of carmanufacuring. Look at the DS for example.
    yes,may be you right about the interior,but why peoples hate the W12? only because this engine on the phaeton???i think the phaeton is a great car and touareg too.(in his class)but,yes in a supercar thet price more than 250.000 euros may be they should make a better V8 engine,but the power of the W12 and top speed i think good.
    and about Citroen,sorry im not interested in history of that car,because i love only mercedes and the history of mercedes (118 years old) is the history of all cars.

Originally posted by SL500
    But the power of the W12 and top speed i think good.
    A Bentley is not about speed. Not anymore.

and about Citroen,sorry im not interested in history of that car,because i love only mercedes and the history of mercedes (118 years old) is the history of all cars.
    No offence, but that's being ignorant.
    Last edited by Lagonda; 07-29-2003 at 03:43 AM.

come on man Vw aint stupid but yeah that part in a bentley is nonsense - still i would rather spend my money on a pheaton w12 than the continental GT - i know they cannot be compared but anyway
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

my favorite bently

the blue train bently is my favorite bently
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: my favorite bently

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    the blue train bently is my favorite bently
    hehe,this pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw a green one on Sunday (8/24). I saw the taillights and sped up to about 100mph to look at it. He was cruising at 90 mph.

I don't get VW's whole W-12 thing...

Why don't they just design a real twelve cylinder engine? Especially for cars as expensive as the Phaeton and the new GT, two six cylinder blocks sharing one crank sounds kinda cheap to me. Is it just to make a very small displacement 12 cylinder or something? Is that what they're trying to accomplish? I just don't get it.

Really I am not that impressed with the Continental GT's engine either. A six liter, twin turbo, twelve cylinder making less than 600 horses? I guess they just wanted torque but still why not give it a little more boost and make it a sub 4 second sprint to 60 mph. Ferrari can get more power from a six liter twelve naturally aspirated, and almost as much torque.

Oh well, it's a beautifull car none the less, I can't really complain about anything.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Talking :D

I think that the amazingly good looks of this car make up for anything it lacks !! I know that's a bit ignorant, but I dont really find much to criticise about the car. Obviously i dont like the parts-bin sharing strategy, I mean who wants a Touareg's steering wheel in his Bentley ??

As for the engine, I really cant seem to figure out what r u guys making a fuss about ? Some complain thats its too cheap , others say its under developed and can be tuned to get more power and/or torque. I think you guys are just being way too narrow minded on this issue.

Anyways, i would like to get ur repies.

Yeah, that car looks frickin' awesome! Can't wait to see one in person. I'm also happy that Bentley and Rolls are going seperate ways now. So we won't get too many of the 'same' cars.
    IVI-Niveus

Thumbs up

Originally posted by motorhead
    the interior is actually quite a dissapointment if you take the arnage R into consederation - to much of VW's influence which is good or probably the best but it just does not suit a bentley - sure its full of wood and leather but the layout and the materials used for the buttons and knobs are all very VW like - its good but not as good as before - performance man that is ****in good - huge heavy block able to move so quickly is really something - the torque is the positive point is this machine - not so much the horsepower but the torque is brilliant - i would say there could be improvement to the looks - the front especially does not looks vulgur enough - it has that cute mix plump looks - not good for a bentley - overall i would say this is not the best bentley ever but one of - great car!
    You can't compare the Continental GT's interior to that of the Arnage R, because first of all the Continental GT is a sports coupe, while the Arnage is a Sedan. VW made the Continental GT to attract new customers, it's price tag is about $150,000USD, which much cheaper than some of the other Bentleys.

VW has made a hell of a car, a car that is not only better than the over priced Continental R and T models, but about half the price.

Also, Motorhead. Give me another sports coupe than can match the interior of the Continental GT, the only cars that come close are the Aston Martins. The Continental GT is just a cheaper and a better car than it's top rival, the overpriced Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.

mid-life crisis

You know what, the more i look at the GT, the less fascinated i get !! the first time i saw it i almost drooled, but now i just think its good. gimme 2 more weeks and i might hate it !!
    ill stop looking at it for now just to save this relationship !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Thread Information